ONEgeneration Daycare offers exceptional care for infants, toddlers and an enriching preschool educational program. The developmentally appropriate curriculum allows children to acquire skills that will prepare them for school readiness in an environment that emphasizes fun and discovery – and has an NAEYC 7 year accreditation. We provide year round care in our centrally located San Fernando Valley setting. Our program is presented in a beautiful and secure environment – and provides an intergenerational context where seniors and children have the opportunity for daily interactions.
Our unique Intergenerational Program provides exciting activities such as creative art, cooking, movement, music, pet therapy, gardening and games. These caring connections between the children and the seniors help children acquire new interests and skills and learn the meaning of acceptance, cooperation and compassion.
Benefits of our unique program:
- Recognized as a national model of shared site intergenerational care for frail seniors and children 6 weeks to 6 years.
- Brings children and seniors together 8 times a day for select structured activities that enrich the lives of both groups.
- Individual Attention- A very low ratio of teachers to children offers children more opportunities for nurturing.
- Strong relationships are formed from infancy all the way through preschool.
- Stronger sense of Delayed Gratification and learning how to Empathize early on.
- Happy, Healthy Children- ONEgeneration Daycare is based on a developmental philosophy designed to promote self-esteem, celebrate the individual and concentrate on the “whole” child.
- Solid Educational Foundation.
- Exceptional Staff- Teachers exceed State requirements and are all certified in first aid and CPR.
- Very involved Parent Support Group.